Thursday 16 February 2012

mom is having an emotional day!

Breanna is doing great. Her blood pressure is good, she is gaining her weight back that they think she lost.  But mom is having a very very emotional day!!!!   Could it be everything is catching up with me?  Could it be the overload of information?  I have no idea.  Just one of those days.  My MIL has been admitted into hospital.  I can't really hang out there with her in  fear I will bring something home for Breanna to catch.  Although I did get up to see her quckley today and had a few words with the nurse in charge! Tell me or try to tell me I can't look at her chart,  go ahead and try to stop me.  Just need to make sure we are all on the same page.  Nothing but the best for my family.  Not only are we our childrens advocates, but we are fighting for our elders as well.  I can tell you one thing,  the Doctors and the nurses are not going to like me when they see me.  I want answers and I want them now.  Just off today.  If you look at me I might cry.  Can't help it.  Thats just the day I am having.  I am sure it will pass. And I am sure it won't be the last one. 
Breanna is hangin out with Grama Barb today.  I thunk they are making oatmeal cookies. And grama made sure she had the right snacks for Breanna while she is there.   She loves her Grammy Barb.

3 comments:

  1. Stef, I have been reading these posts and it took my dumbass this long to figure out how to comment(hence the reason for my blog name). I commend you for staying so strong but nobody expects you to be that way all of the time. You need an emotional outlet and I am glad that you have the courage to post on here. I wish I could help you and support you through this struggle but I am not sure what I can do to help. Lean on those close to you and don't be afraid to shed those tears. I cry just reading these posts from you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Just keep your hope alive and think of all of the support that you have. So many people have come together to support you and your family in any way they can and we are all willing to listen, help, or just offer to lend an ear. If you need to have a good cry, a long talk, a stiff drink, or whatever, just do it. Nobody will fault you for it. Get angry, scream, leave for a walk, or whatever you need to do. We all understand. This blog is very touching and heartfelt and it is a privilege to read. Take care of yourself and I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about Breanna in the paper and read your blog and just wanted to let you know that there is a very large transplant community on Facebook that would love to stand behind you guys. Look up Canadian Transplant Association-Ontario Members and you will meet alot there. My daughter had a heart transplant at 7 months old and she is now 6 and doing awesome. I know how tough it can be to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma bear, you roar away, and take down anyone you think needs it. You are your familes only advocate......we have talked about it. You are allowed to have break downs, you are allowed to be pissed off, you are allowed to hate this disease! You are allowed to feel defeated! You are allowed to feel! Girl you rant and rave, you hit a wall, you stomp your feet! You do what you have to do to funtion. You love, you protect, you JUST FUNCTION! Tomorrow is a brand new day, from one momma bear to another.....hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete