Thursday 2 August 2012

Donation process has ended for Dad!!!!!!

Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!    That is one of the things that I felt when I got the news, that dad is not able to donate his kidney to Breanna.  It has been a VERY long 6 months, only to fiund out that it was for nothing.   Nothing for breanna anyways.  The good news that came from it was dad has some things of his own he needs to take care of.  So what is the next thing we do???  This not an easy thing to decide to do for ANYONE!  BUT.....we cannot wait for a phone call back or an email that has gone unanswered.  People are still living their lives and I am OK with that.  But don't ignore one of the most precious things to me.  That bothers me!!!!!!   That makes me mad!!!!!   If you decide you want to do something,  That is great.  If something comes up and you have changed your mind, that is fine to.  I get it!  But do not ignore the situation or the people that you already spoke to.   GRRRRRRRRRRR    Take a long look at what is going on your own life and make sure BEFORE you volunteer to do something like this for anyone, That it is the right decision for you and all involved.  I am frustrated that this wait is longer and getting longer everyday.  The word is out that Breanna needs a kidney.  Along with many many people in this world,  Breanna is my number one,  that needs a kidney.  She is the one I am fighting for today.  So for anyone that wants to do something,  I am putting the word out there that THEY need to take the step and make the call to Jennifer Cross in London,  She is on the transplant team and she is the go to person that takes care of everything that needs to be done.  Her phone number is 1-519-685-8500 ext. 35932.   You may also send her an email as she is a very busy person, as you could imagine.  Email is jennifer.cross@lhsc.on.ca.   It may take her a few days to get back to you.   But....she is full of information and knowledge.  Nothing is communicated to us.  It is all private and confidential. 
Overwhelmed  was my next feeling.   I have had a few people come to me and say, I want to do this for Breanna.  WOW!!!!  People that I did not expect.   I still come to tears when I talk to anyone about one person in particular.   One of my favorite cousins!!!!!!    It hit me hard when I heard that she wanted to do this.  Putting my baby as her number one.   I still have not gotten over the overwhelming feeling.   I know that I have to do something about this but right now,  it is hard,  Very hard for me.  Being overwhelmed with the amount of support has not stopped.   This is a new kind of overwhelmed!!!!   I can't describe it.
OK  That is enough,  just typing i am in tears.  REALLY!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mom, you are an inspiration and very strong throughout this. I too was frustrated and now is the time to act according to the new situation. FIND THE DONOR, if living one possible...NOWWWW!!! Please people step up and make the greatest gift possible, LIFE, AMEN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The process is a long and emotional one and I wish the whole family patients and luck. As I told some of you my mom was turned down as a donor for me and I had just started grade 10. It is hard for any family to see their child or grandchild or any member of their family going through this.

    Just know that prayers are with you guys. Also did you guys do a YouTube video? It is another good way to get the word out about needing a donor. Also what Blood Type is Bre again?

    ReplyDelete